Xiaomi has again come up with a new device called Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 which is the successor of Redmi Note 3. The former was already doing pretty well in the market but the company didn’t want to take a chance and so they decided to bumped up the specs and features. Now lets move on to the review which is about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 pros and cons.
1. The display is a 5.5 inch full HD which holds a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels.
2. Now the main selling point over the predecessor is the processor which it comes with a 2.1 GHz 10 core Helio X20 chipset from Mediatek. The interesting part is that it is the cheapest smartphone to have a deca-core chipset. However in some countries such as India this Mediatek version will not be available due to legal issues and problems. So it is highly likely to have a different variant with a Snapdragon chipset.
3. Next Pros is that for multitasking it has been coupled with 4GB of RAM.
4. For gaming (or graphics to be specific) it is powered by a Mali-T880 MP4 GPU. But likewise the processor if it has to hit India this GPU will be altered with an Adreno.
5. The battery has been increased to 4100 mAh, that’s not much increment but noticeable.
6. The operating system is Android Marshmallow which is another Redmi Note 4 pros.
7. On top of Android Marshmallow it comes with a MIUI 8.0 user interface which is the best user interface from a smartphone manufacturer.
8. It has an internal memory of 64 GB which is definitely a big plus point over other devices. And yes it does support microSD card slot which can be expanded up to 256 GB.
9. Both the primary and secondary optics captures pretty decent images even in low light conditions. Comparatively with the flagships it will definitely loose but it does the job considering the price tag.
10. Another Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 pros is that the primary camera can shoot slow motion videos in 120 fps at 720p resolution.
11. Yes it also does supports VoLTE for making voice calls over LTE networks.
12. The smartphone also supports USB OTG cable for connecting to flash drives through the USB port.
13. The sensors that comes are fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, ambient light, gyroscope, proximity and compass.
1. First is the absence of a dedicated memory card slot. If you are a single SIM user for both internet data and making calls then no problem.
2. Next Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 cons is that there is no NFC (Near Field Communication).
3. The camera cannot record videos in 4K resolution. I am asking so because there are others which provides 4K around the same price tag.
4. Another cons or demerits is that the SAR Values or radiation levels of all Xiaomi devices are quite high, generally always above 1.0 W/Kg for both head and body.
5. Next problems is about the non removable battery. Not a big issues but when in the case of emergency the ability to remove battery is definitely required.
6. And the last Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 cons is that it does not have a scratch or shatter protection for the display, means it neither have a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 neither an Asahi Dragontrail Glass.
VIDEO REVIEW – Must Watch